Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Approved Foods List...

Okay, plan made. I will be starting Phase 1 of the Atkins Diet on Monday.


Phase 1, or Induction - as it is sometimes called - is supposed to "Jump Start" my weight loss. According to the diet program, this phase is not mandatory. However, I have a lot to lose and expect that it will give me the "jump" I need at the beginning of any diet.

"up to 20 pounds in the first two weeks" - says the book.

I know this is unrealistic. I know that I will not lose that much, but I would be happy with five to ten pounds. This is realistic. If I stick to the diet.

Anyways - this post is about the foods that I can eat. Well, the foods that I will eat (that are on the list of acceptable foods). What I am trying to say is: I am a very picky eater and wouldn't even touch most of the foods on the list. These will be the foods on the list, that I will eat.

Either way, there is plenty of food to choose from - and I can guarantee:
I will not be hungry during this diet. 

Fish // Seafood 
Tuna, Shrimp

Fowl // Birds
Chicken, Duck, Turkey

Meat // Eggs 
Bacon, Beef, Ham, Pork, Venison, Eggs

*No added sugar

Fats // Oils // Dressings 
Butter, Mayo, Olive Oil, Vegetable Oils, Sour Cream, Ranch, Caesar, Bleu Cheese

Beverages // Liquids 
Diet Soda, Water, Ice Tea, Almond Milk, Cream, Broth, Coffee

Cheese // Any
In moderation - 4 ounces per day.

Vegetables // Greens 
Lettuce, Mushrooms, Artichoke, Pickles, Broccoli, Sauerkraut, Avocado, Cucumber, Aspargus, Green Beans, Brussel Sprouts, Garlic

These will be the foods I eat for at least two weeks. I may stay in this phase longer, depending on my progress. We will see how it goes. Atkins is very flexible, which I like a LOT.

I can also eat out in a hurry, if needed. I just have to stick to the foods above. I can do this. I will be shopping on Sunday for next week & of course checking in to let you know how I do.

My weekly weigh-in post will go up on Sundays!

Wish Me Luck,

Remember: True happiness isn't about what you look like - it's about how you feel.

xo -
Losing pounds, not starving

0 comments:

Post a Comment