Saturday, November 21, 2015

Today, About Me....

My name is... oh wait. I'm not sharing that quite yet. I'm not trying to be secretive or cool or anything like that. I am just not comfortable sharing my journey just yet with the people in my life.

You may say... "she should choose better people"  - but this isn't the case. The people the closest to me may know about this site, I'm more concerned with the people in my life that I'm not close to. They seem to have the biggest judgment && I just don't want to think about it. I don't want to wonder if they know exactly how much I weigh, or wonder if they are reading about my mistakes along the way.

This way, I can just be. I don't have to hold back my thoughts. I don't have to worry about what anyone will think. Hopefully, my readers - if I have any - will respect me for that. Eventually, I would love to tell you my name and share pictures of myself - but for now, I simply can't.

I am a girl, obviously. My age: 27, My weight: 255, My height: 5'2. I am by classification obese. I like to say plus size or even overweight. I hate the word obese. I get it,  I need to lose weight.

I am not writing as someone on a very strict diet - not today anyway. I am writing because I am planning on starting, well - something. I am planning on making changes. Small changes. One week at a time. One DAY at a time. I want to share these changes with you (if you are out there), or maybe I just want to write them down so I can read them later. Either way, I want to track my changes. I want to write about how hard they will be and I want to note the day that they became easier. Because, they will become easier. Everything become easier with practice.

I am planning as of today (day by day) to start a low-carb diet. I write about this a little bit more in my first post... This is the beginning. To be short, I read a book, and believed it.

Now, let's be honest - Thursday is Thanksgiving. I will be cooking dinner, and I will be cooking the two days before. So, I will be eating terribly this week (says no fat chick ever).

Trust me, this blog is going to be full of excuses after excuses, but I'm hoping that writing them down - making myself accountable will help. We will see. For the time being, I will be reading the Atkins, New You book. I will be writing things down and making lists. I will be planning. I am planning on taking one step as early as Monday.

Remember: True happiness isn't about what you look like - it's about how you feel.

xo -
Losing pounds, not starving


0 comments:

Post a Comment